Thursday, December 29, 2011

Review: Smokeless Fire


Smokeless Fire
Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Ari is just your average high school girl. Except she isn't. She is caring. She is loyal. She is independent. She is beautiful. She is Jinn. Oh, there are lots of things that make her just like ever other teen girl her age (insecurity, indecision, emotional conflict, family issues, lack of direction). The maturity with which she handles herself sets her apart.

Samantha Young's writing is superior to a lot of the popular young adult novels today. Her story flows smoothly. I didn't find myself at odds with Ari's reaction to situations and the way in which she handled herself. The characters had dimension. I felt for them and related to them.

Smokeless Fire was a completely engaging novel that took me into its pages and captured my attention. I anxiously await the next in the series!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment