Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review: Hollowmen


Hollowmen
Hollowmen by Amanda Hocking

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed the first book Hollowland and couldn't wait for Hollowmen to come out so I could find out what happens to Remy and her brother. Although I enjoyed reading the continuing story, I was a little let down. The character development wasn't there for Remy's new love interest. He could have been eaten by a zombie and I would have only felt bad for 10 pages. The exit from the compound and the secure lab was way too easy and the rest of the trek from the compound to Canada was a little flat on adventure. Oh, and let's not forget just happening to run into her brother and her lion together. Yeah, that was a little ridiculous. The ending was a little flat as well. I didn't feel that they were really safe. The ending in fact of Remy just deciding to stay where she was at the she was going to not go an further is what the writing felt like to me. Amanda Hocking decided that this was all the farther she wanted to go with this character so she was digging in her heals and screw it if it was a satisfactory place to stop. This story could have been so much more. Remy deserved better.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment