Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Left Me Wanting More...

The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore

After reading this book, I want to know more. More about each character's history, more about Lorien, more about why information has been kept from the Garde, more about their mission.

Some of these points have started to irritate me. (Why don't the Cepan tell the Garde more about what is going on?!?) Having your warriors working with little to no information about their mission really doesn't make any sense. I would like to see more dialog instead of internal thought description.

I didn't feel that there was any real forward movement in their mission until the last couple of pages. It felt more like several steps back with a tiny step forward at the end. The author (or publisher) must be planning on making this a long series at the rate they are progressing or are going to completely disappoint with a quick wrap-up.

In spite of my previous statements, I still enjoyed reading this book and would definitely recommend it to others. It is a fun, fast, easy read with lots of action and intrigue (towards the end).

No comments:

Post a Comment