Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Clash of Kings - Status Update & Quotey Quotes

Currently, I am on page 302 of 1009.

There has been some witty banter between Theon Greyjoy and his sister. I was completely surprised to find myself thinking that their repartee had a Shakespearean like quality to it. (So I must be liking this series now.)

I find myself looking ahead to see if the next chapter is going to be about either Arya or Daenerys. I'm tempted to skip ahead and just read their stories, but then I would miss Tyrion and Jon. It would never do. Their stories must be read in the order the creator willed it.

I wanted to share with you a few quotes from this book which I have found either profound or extremely entertaining.

“Those are brave men... lets go kill them”- Tyrion Lannister

“He who hurries through life hurries to his grave.”

“I am loyal to my beloved Joffrey. (Sansa)
No doubt. As loyal as a deer surrounded by wolves. (Tyrion)
Lions, she whispered without thinking.”

“Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them."

“No man should live longer than his teeth.”

'"Tell me that none of this troubles you, Jon...and I'll name you a liar, and know I have the truth of it."
Jon drew himself up, taut as a bowstring. "And if it did trouble me, what might I do, bastard as I am?"
"What will you do?" Mormont asked. "Bastard as you are?"
"Be troubled", said Jon, "and keep my vows."'
(This is my favorite so far.)

No comments:

Post a Comment